Whatever Christian
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
the classics


I believe in red lipstick and a good stiletto. I believe in flower power and surrounding ones self with beautiful things. I believe in diamonds and lace. I believe that a good outfit can transform you. I believe in the man making the first move. I love classic movies, painted nails, and going to the opera or ballet. I love art, poetry, music, and fashion. I believe that adventure is romance in it's best form.



I've always been a little bit old fashioned at heart, but I rarely admitted it. I always thought that a pretty dress is a sign of weakness and that no woman could get anything substantial done in heels. I thought that softness was weakness and beauty was shallow. I thought that if I looked pretty, people would ignore my intelligence, my strength, and my drive. I'm learning that this is not necessarily true and sometimes is quite the opposite... and loving every minute of it.



photos via weheartit.com
posted by Carsen @ 2:10 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 3, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Great insight! Being a woman is the best!

     
  • At March 4, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Blogger angela said…

    i am incredibly happy that God chose to make me a woman and not a man. the classics, as you put it, are the best. well said, friend.

    want a great example of someone getting it done intelligently in a heel? please take a look at mrs. brendie heter!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
"As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right." Jeremiah 26:14
About Me

Name: Carsen
Home: California, United States
About Me: army wife, nurse, daughter, sister, Jesus-lover, and friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Sidebar Section

Links

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER