Whatever Christian
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Rain
The rain pours solidly and steadily, washing over me like the love you pour out. Young girls shamelessly open their arms wide, letting it wash over them. They are drenched. It comes down in sheets, such sweet relief for this dry land. I stand inside staring out a wall made of windows, safe from the exhilarating cold, too embarrassed to do what I really desire: to play unashamed, joyfully in your rain. It distorts everything we see, a sort of haze over our vision, yet your love is clearer than a steady lake just waiting to be jumped into. The world goes on unassuming, oblivious to the beauty and wonder. Groups chatter about the mundane events of their lives, unable and unwilling to notice the rain. It's been raining all their lives and they don't care to notice. They don't care to worship because all they see are these four comfortable walls. As Elijah prayed, so do I, open their eyes Lord. Let them see.
posted by Carsen @ 12:39 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
"As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right." Jeremiah 26:14
About Me

Name: Carsen
Home: California, United States
About Me: army wife, nurse, daughter, sister, Jesus-lover, and friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Sidebar Section

Links

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER